The berries are delicious and extremely nutritious, being one of the most food whose taste / health benefits ratio is highest. Blackberries are a product of the Morus alba tree. Its leaves, which also contain nutrients, and are even used as food for silkworms, are thin, bright and of an intense green color.
The berries are delicious fruits of shrubs, small and fleshy appearance. It is estimated that there are around 300 different species in the world and they are very common in warm and temperate places in Asia, Africa and America.
They are one of the healthiest foods that we can incorporate into our diet. Within them, blackberries are an infinite source of healthy properties.
Nutritional properties of the berries
This small fruit can be consumed naturally, in juices or sauces and is usually used to make marmalade, desserts, cakes, etc.
Among its main properties are:
- Low in calories (just 57 kcal per 100 grams)
- Vitamins C, B6 and E
- Soluble fiber (5.5 grams per 100 gr)
- Minerals such as potassium, iron and calcium
- Oleic, palmitic, linoleic and linolenic oils that prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- It contains a high amount of natural pigments and carotenoids, which have antioxidant properties.
- The transresveratrol, or resveratrol contained in the berries, can contribute to the destruction of cancer cells and protect the heart.
Health benefits of blackberries
Like the rest of fresh fruits, the blackberry is one of the natural ingredients that brings more benefits to our health. Some of the most relevant are:
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Contributes to reduce the risk of serious diseases such as cancer, degenerative diseases and cardiovascular problems.
- Because of its vitamin C content and its antibiotic and antibacterial properties, the delay is an ideal complement for situations of pregnancy, lactation, smoking, inflammatory diseases, etc.
- It is an excellent diuretic.
- The antioxidants it contains help reduce the damage of free radicals, eliminate toxins and delay cellular aging.
- It can level our blood sugar levels, which is why it is considered a healthy source of glucose and is the basis of many diabetes prescriptions.
- The blackberries are ideal to combat constipation. For this, the best way to consume them is in juice or smoothies.
- Avoid irritation, inflammation and redness. Its leaves are used to combat localized skin irritation.
- They protect the brain. They are an enhancer of brain activity and a powerful neuroprotective.
- Eating them in their natural and mature state is an effective method to detoxify the organism.
Over the last few years, blackberries exports have grown at an excellent rate in Afghanistan. After many years as exporters of blackberries, Boustan Sabz Agriculture Company prides in having unique dry blackberry varieties. The appearance and taste that we always demand from our dry fruits characterize us.