The plum has gained a place among the fruits considered superfoods due to the multiple benefits it brings to human health. It is considered to have a high content of antioxidants and phytonutrients that helps protect the body and prevent aging.
The benefits and properties of plum are numerous: prevent Alzheimer’s disease, improve mood, prevent cancer, improve constipation, help lose weight, prevent diabetes, and prevent tooth decay and others that we will explain below:
- Plums are very rich in vitamins, among which vitamin E, allied against aging and with great antioxidant power; vitamin A and vitamin C.
- It also has a diverse amount of minerals, among which stand out potassium, calcium, iron, and magnesium, so we can say that, as it is known, plums help to improve depressive states, in addition to anemia.
- They provide a lot of energy and fiber that are highly recommended in slimming diets. Not only for their vitamins, minerals, and fiber, but also for their clearly depurative properties.
Some experts recommend eating plums on an empty stomach so that you can benefit from all its properties, virtues and benefits.
Properties of the Plum
The plum has laxative properties (soft or immediate, depending on the amount ingested), antianemic (for its high content of iron), antitussive, expectorant and regulating the intestine for its high fiber content.
What is the Plum good for?
The uses of plum are the following:
- For constipation, since it is used as a mild or immediate laxative (depending on the amount ingested).
- For anemia, due to its high iron content.
- To combat cough, promote the expulsion of accumulated secretions in the lungs and sedate the body.
- Ideal in cases of bronchitis.
- In addition to its already mentioned laxative effect, plums are a good remedy to facilitate digestion.
Advantages of the Plum
- Plums have very little fat and have a high caloric power by carbohydrates, which provide much more usable energy because it stays for longer in the body.
- For people who do heavy physical work and for athletes, the plum helps to get more energy. The same happens with schoolchildren, because thanks to them, they can achieve better school performance.
- It also contains a large amount of potassium, which helps to eliminate body fluids and thus avoids the problem of fluid retention, protecting against cardiovascular problems in the process.
Boustan Sabz Agriculture Company is a business with more than 10 years of experience exporting of high-quality fresh fruits. Based in Afghanistan, the company offers its products nationally and internationally. We specialize in exporting high-quality yet affordable products that are not only pleasurable but also make a healthy and balanced diet possible. Besides, we pay attention to the highest quality and freshness when choosing our products so that we can only offer you the best goods.